Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jesus Loves Us So

What good lessons this week. I love how Jesus uses the stories in the Bible to teach and instruct us. It's even better that they are still pertinent to us today. I struggled with using the word "sweet" to describe Jesus a while back, but our lessons this week do bring me to a place of sweetness. God's plan is so detailed, and His desire for relationship with us so strong, that He uses every story or metaphor available to pierce our consciousness into an awareness of Him.

I like to go to the commentators, and especially enjoy David Gudzik at blueletterbible.com. Some of the things I walked away with this week from his writings are:
  • Just because you have a tough time in a tough circumstance doesn't mean you are walking in unbelief. Unbelief is when you ignore or reject a promise of God (what a comfort!)
  • Gudzik quoting "Morgan" - (don't know who that is): Many Christians think the boat is going down--the boat cannot go down - Jesus is on board!
  • When people are more afraid of what Jesus will do in their lives than what Satan is doing in their lives right now they often push Jesus away
  • Whom God calls, God equips
  • What we have in ourselves to give others is insignificant, but when we put it in Jesus hands He can do great things with our gifts and talents to touch the lives of others.
  • Jesus:Who do you say I am? We answer this every day by what we say and do. If we really believe Jesus, it will affect the way we live.
I'm so thankful that Jesus will help me to surrender more and more of myself, and look forward to the day that I want Him, and only Him, to fill up all my empty places . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment